"The world champion tongue twister got arrested. I hear they’re going to give him a tough sentence."
"A book fell on my head the other day. I only have my shelf to blame though.
"Four fonts walk into a bar. The bartender says, ‘Hey! We don’t want your type in here!"
1. Two each of any four vegetables to be displayed in a tray 18” X 24” – supports and garnishes allowed.
2. Six pods of Runner Beans
3. Six pods of French Beans
4. One white Cabbage – over 1½ lb, cut
5. One white Cauliflower
6. Two Leeks – blanched
7. Four white Potatoes
8. Four coloured Potatoes
9. Three Carrots – tops trimmed to 3 inches displayed on one plate
10. Three Beetroot (any type) – tops trimmed to 3 inches
11. Three Onions, from sets – dressed
12. Three Onions from seed – dressed
13. Six Shallots
14. One Cucumber
15. Two Courgettes
16. Two cobs of Sweetcorn
17. Two Chilli Peppers
18. Two Peppers – sweet
19. Two Squashes
20. Marrow – by weight
21. Pumpkin – by weight
22. Any other vegetable
23. Plate of three dessert apples
24. Any other fruit not in Schedule
25. Four Standard – red
26. Four Standard – not red
27. Four Standard – plum shape
28. Eight Cherry
29. Two Beefsteak type and Two Standard on one plate
30. Three Standard & Three Cherry type displayed on one plate
31. One Vase of Mixed Flowers
32. One Vase of Flowers – not mixed – minimum 3 stems
33. One Vase of Flowers – not mixed – insect friendly
34. One Vegetable and one flower
35. One bottle of Pickles
36. One Bottle of Chutney
37. One Jar of Jam
38. One Jar of Jelly
39. One bottle of cordial or alchohol
40. One Container any other Preserves
Entries will be judged on presentation and taste.
41. Six cupcakes buns or slices from a sweet traybake
42.One larger cake or roll
43. A cold, vegetarian savoury dish. This should contain at least one ingredient grown on the allotment.
This Section is open to children of all ages 1 – 101. If under 16 please advise age when registering your entry.
44. Flower in a wine glass (glass provided)
45. Photograph taken on the Allotments (maximum size 10”5” and maximum number of entries is 3 per person)
46. Animal made from Fruit/veg.
47. Miniature garden in a seed tray
48. Strangest Vegetable or Fruit
49. Tallest Sunflower (judged on plots)
50. Young Budding Grower Challenge
Please submit your entries to the Allotment Hut on the following dates and times. Except where stated in the schedule.
Saturday 3rd September from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Sunday 4th September from 7.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m.
“We don't grow to show we show what we grow”
We produce a schedule for all classes and award prizes at the Annual Vegetable and Flower Show. This can be found in the Library.
Prizes are awarded for all classes as well as for the main cups which include:-
Awards are also presented for the following:-
"If you don’t pay your exorcist, do you get repossessed?"
"The man who invented knock-knock jokes should get a no bell prize."
"The first time I got a universal remote control, I thought to myself, ‘This changes everything."